To make sure that users give objective feedback on tracks, we broadcast "FAKE" tracks in the blind rating application.
The "FAKE" tracks are "Audio files controller" uploaded by Soonvibes.
You should grade them objectively, otherwise you receive a warning:
YOUR ACCOUNT IS BLOCKED IF YOU REACH THE 30% OF MISTAKES.
FAKE tracks can be:
- audio files without music (eg white noise, tonal sound, etc.). Expected ratings = very low ratings
- 3 min audio loops without evolution. Expected ratings = very low ratings
- Very well produced tracks (good composition, mixing, mastering). Expected ratings = correct ratings (not too low)
You can delete abusive ratings and comments directly from the page of your track.
To ensure objective feedbacks on tracks, users must select a room before rating.
Tracks for all music lovers and with a dynamic/energic rhythm.
(ex: Electro Pop, Electro Dance, House, Funk, Urban music, Hip Hop, etc)
Tracks with a downtempo / ambiant or relax rhythm. It is adapted for all music lovers.
(ex: Lounge, Ambiant, Deep chill, Soulful, etc)
Tracks with a powerful drop for Dancefloors and Clubs.
(ex: Electro House, Progressive, EDM, etc...)
Tracks adapted to an Underground audience.
(ex: Techno, Minimal, Deep, Tech House, Psy-Trance, etc...)
Some members contact us because they complain about the bad behavior of some users (eg abusive rates on their tracks)
- A user gives "Dislikes" to all tracks
- Unappropriate comment in comparison with the rate (eg: "nice track" -> Dislike)
- A user creates several accounts to give several "Likes" to his track.
Most of users grade fairly and give objective feedback (but they are still severe for some)
Regarding users abusing the system (and cheaters) they are a minority but they can spoil your participation in a contest ...
Since 2013, we are used to moderating rates during contests.
We have gained experience of the subject that allows us to effectively moderate the abusive behavior.
For this we use detection systems to quickly identify suspicious users and delete fraudulent rates. We can not explain how our detection system works (not to give bad ideas to some users ...)
Generally we expect the end of the votes step in a competition to start moderation and the general cleaning in the rates.
We apply penalities if this behavior is confirmed:
- we remove all rates from the user
- we add the "suspicious user" mention in his username
- we disabled his account temporarily (or permanently)
- we remove his track from the music contest
Our charts are highly relevant after the cleaning session. We always make sure that the partner who organizes the contest listens as many tracks as possible (and not only the TOP 10 or TOP 20). We noticed that everytime the favorite tracks of the professionals are ranked in the first quarter of the charts.
With our ranking system, if your track is not ranked in the TOP 5, there is no risk of missing you.
After every contest, our partners confirm the relevancy of our charts and they say that is better than the other competitions.
Start the blind rating to rate music and earn more Vibes! Learn more